Friday, May 15, 2009

Mom I have Gum in My Eye!!




Are you kidding me?! This is what I am thinking as Michael is yelling down to me that he has gum in his eye. So I yell up in my best mom voice "Get Down here right now!!" Footsteps on the stairs....Michael comes around the corner and he doesn't merely have gum on his eyelid, his entire eye is matted shut with a big wad of flourescent green gum. Again "You have got to be kidding me!" Oh, this has really happened folks, So, my first thought is, am I going to have to take my child to the dr. to get this gum out or is this something I can handle myself? And then I think "ice!" I need some ice to get it hard so it will just fall off. Now picture in your mind me trying to hold this ice on a 5 year olds eye, at first it is fine, then he starts screaming about how cold it is, which I have to admit I've never had a piece of ice on my eyelid so he may have a valid point there. Luckily, daddy was just pulling into the garage at that time and I could devote my full attention to Michael. It's really hard to get gum out with a 2 year old and a 1 year old jumping all around you trying to see what their crazy brother has done to himself. I carry him upstairs to the bathroom all the while wondering what in the world I'm going to use to get the gum out of his eyelashes. So I plop him down on the toilet and look around and decide to try to use my fingernails to gently pull the gum out of his lashes, yeah, that did NOT go over too well. His eyelid stretched out about a mile which could not have felt good. So I ended up using wet wipes (thankfully we have plenty) and a q-tip with some good old fashioned Ponds Cold Cream on it to finally get it all out of the lashes and off his face. What a mess!! I made Mike get the camera so I could document this for when he is older and doesn't believe he could have done anything like that!! Just another crazy day with the boys!!

1 comments:

Grace said...

Thanks for sharing these stories so that I'll know how to deal with it! I'm sure Elec will give us plenty of ingenuity tests. :)